Random Quote Generator - Cos every site needs one

Monday 10 March 2008

Poker Night

Sorry for the late post and it took up a kick up the ass from Daisy to get this going.  Btw, the "kick up the ass" was figuratively speaking not literal.

===

So, Poker Night... yes...  that was last Friday...  hm...  let me just recollect my thoughts on that night.

Wait, before that I got my results for the various examinations I did in January.  And the result was me having a AS Level in Maths with a Grade B!  Which is not bad for one term's work.  Normally, an AS Level takes one year to get but we did it in one term.  Talk about speed.  I was something like 9 marks off an A which means I'm retaking my C1 exam (since I got a lowly 65 marks on it: a grade C).  If I get 74 marks or higher on my resit I get an A!  w00t.

Even so, there are some monsters in our class.  One guy managed to get 99%, 98%, 99% in his exams while one girl managed 100% on one of her exams.  D:

It kinda puts things in perspective, A levels seems worlds apart from GCSE.  It seemed like it was yesterday when I was doing my GCSEs.  I recall lining up on the playground waiting to go in; everyone was holding a book doing some last minute revision, but I was mainly giving out answers to certain questions the others may have.  Even with my lack of revision in GCSEs, I came out with some awesome grades.  It's also true that I failed to revise for my AS level exams but that's not the point...

Oh and I also got my Media exam result, I got a:  Q.

Wait, what?  A Q?

Yes, a Q.  No idea what that means?  Neither did I until that day.  It apparently means the loss of the actual exam...

THEY LOST MY FRICKIN EXAM PAPER.

It was seemingly lost in the post.  WHY THE F*CKING HELL WAS IT IN THE POST IN THE FIRST PLACE?!  WE'RE IN THE AGE OF THE INTERNET, COMPUTERS AND EMAIL AND YET YOU SEND IT BY SNAIL-MAIL?!  WTF?!  HOW HARD WOULD IT HAVE BEEN TO HAVE IT SCANNED INTO A COMPUTER SO YOU CAN HAVE SEVERAL BACK-UPS?!  Stupid asses...

But oh well, nevermind.  They're not calculating a guesstimate grade from my MED2 and MED3 modules.  Which could be a good thing, especially if I was going to get a bad grade in my exam anyway.  If I do my project well and MED3 good, then automatic A or B or whatever.  Some people who got Us and Es and whatnot were actually like: 'Why couldn't they have lose my paper?!'  T'was funny really.

===

*ahem*

Anyway, Poker Night.  Yes.  I seem to have collected my thoughts now.

I arrive at roughly the proposed time (6PM) to find the front door unlocked.  So, I waltz in (like I always do) only to find Daisy's dog run straight down the stairs to greet me.  Ok... Daisy's mom was on the phone to someone or other; I made it all the way into the dining room (I think that's what the room is used for) and decide it would be better for me to turn round, close the door behind me and knock.  I do that.

I'm greeted in my Daisy's mom and make my way to her room.  Ben's there -Daisy's boyfriend- a few awkward glances and several offline messages later (since Daisy thought I was still home because I was still logged onto messenger) it's noted that the rest are coming.  We make our way downstairs to the dining/kitchen room and Ben has to leave for some reason that seems to be lost on me.

Anyway, people start arriving.  I think Gavin arrives first, followed by Laura and Matthew and lastly Ashley.  The lazy bugger.

We sit down, get comfortable and get ready for some awesome poker.  Oh wait, and a lot of talking it seems.  It takes a while for the chips to be set up and shared among six people, mainly the women did it -Daisy, Laura and Matthew...- while Gavin, Ashley and I mostly sat there whining about why Daisy didn't do this before hand.  It was the classic: 'Oi, woman.  Work faster!' situation.  That never gets old.  NEVER.

Finally things get going.  Cards are dealt, Gavin being dealer first.  I knew this before hand and used this to my advantage as I sat in one of the late positions.  I had to explain this concept to the others later on as some of them were kinda like novices.  XD

Things get under way and I soon amass quite a large stash of chips.  This is helped by the fact that I was dealing quite a lot too (thus meaning I had the advantage over other players) - we weren't taking turns dealing so quite a lot of us actually had unfair advantages over the others but whatever, it's only a friendly game.  I believe I was chip-leader for a while until Matthew decided to bet away most (if not all) of his hundreds away to Daisy even though he had nothing.  Even if it was a bluff, it was an extremely bad one.  Meanwhile, Ashley spent most of the time forgetting that we were playing on a glass table and showing us his cards under the table.

Some other things happen, but I forget so you can marvel at this awesomely funny GIF of Gavin while I try to think of other things that happened.

Meanwhile, I became the hulk:

hulk

And Gavin was "green" with envy:

gav - hulk

 

HAHA!  Marvel at my 1337 photoshop skills.

To be totally honest, I don't really remember much else about that night.  Some stuff happened, like how Matthew lost all his chips and ended up being the dealer for the rest of the game.

Eventually Daisy won, because everyone decided to go all in (yes, me too - despite already folding before hand).  Which basically meant that the last few hours of hard-work winning chips was all for nought as everyone gambled there chips away in one go.  Not very clever but hey, it was for fun.  I didn't even have anything going for me but I still did it.

All in all, Poker Night was fun.  And it provided quite a lot of amusement from my otherwise dreary and monotonous working-life (nah, only joking, my life is never dreary and hardly monotonous).  Unfortunately this night won't be on for the next few weeks due to some issues that I can't be asked to state (or try to remember) here.

So, in the mean-time while you're waiting for my next post:

Caution: PORTALS

Caution Portals

No comments:

Comments/Suggestions

How did you find out about my blog?
What do you like about this blog? Funny/insane humour
The awesome dude behind the blog
NINJAS (Me: WTF?)
The pretty colours... hehe... colours
Daily updates
Peeking into your life (Me: ... Stalker)
The media content (videos/pictures)
Being able to laugh at people I don't know
Nothing (Me: Why are you here?)
What do you think of the site layout,style, colours etc.? AWESOME! Couldn't be better.
Good. Just one or two places that need changing.
Ok, could improve some things.
Bad. Back to the drawing board for you...
Horrific... You gave my eyes cancer...
How many times do you visit this blog?
Any comments or suggestions on improving the site? - Include email/name if you want to be named in posts.
How many friends have you told about this awesome blog?
Do you think there should be more authors? More authors equals more updates. Nope. You're awesome, no one else will suffice.
I dunno. Maybe good. Maybe bad.
Yes. You're antics bore me now.
ONLY if the other author is similar to you.
ONLY if the other author is totally different.

website form generator