Random Quote Generator - Cos every site needs one

Wednesday 12 December 2007

Doomed to Oblivion ¬ EDIT

Not much news the past few days.

The only real news is that I got 'The Elder Scrolls VI:  Oblivion' for my laptop... albeit there is a small problem.  First, it installed fine and everything then IT WOULDN'T WORK.  I started it and tried everything but still it wouldn't work, I consulted some people and found that this also happened for some people.  Eventually, I gave up.

The following day though I came across an interesting post that explained that it was happened due to the video card and something about shaders or something.  Seeing as mine was a laptop and it wouldn't be a very good idea to change the video card, I opted for the software method.  Using this application called 'Old Oblivion' it artificiated some shaders for me and I was able to run the game!  Hooray!

The game looks frickin amazing - and people who have played the game (pretty much all of you by now :P) will agree with me.  For all those who haven't seen/heard/played the game (all 4 of you) before here are some screenshots:

Oblivion2

(Actual in-game footage)

Oblivion 

(Click to see full-size)

Unfortunately for me though... the game still messed up on Vista.  I think I managed to play the first part - basically the tutorial level - before it konked out on me.  It was just getting good as well...  I had a look around the official site to see if this was a known bug or not and turns out Bethesda Softworks don't officially support Vista in Oblivion.

Damn.

So that means I end up having to take the game back on Friday... *sigh*

Oh well.  What PC game should I get in it's place though?  I've been racking my brain trying to think of another PC game that I would like to play on my laptop and so far I have:

  • COD4
  • The Orange Box (HL2/Portal/TF2)
  • (Possibility)  Medieval II:  Total War
  • Bioshock
  • Halo 2
  • (Probably not)  ShadowRun
  • Company of Heroes
  • The new Civ game (don't recall what number it was)
  • Spore (when it hits... which will be probably be next year...)
  • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • Gears Of War

There were some more I was thinking about but I don't/can't remember.  Ah well, I guess I'll just walk in and see what's available, maybe make a spontaneous decision.  I seem to be able to do that well.

 

===

Oh and when I went to town, I entered GAME.  Where I was going to buy Oblivion.  And guess who I saw?

No, not Santa Claus you dope.

Smithy!

Just in case you have no idea who Smithy is, here's a brief explanation:

Use to go to the same school as me, a year older.  Been working at GAME for about 6 weeks and does magic tricks.  He is also awesome.

That pretty much explains it.  Weird, funny experiences like this seem to happen all the time in GAME.  Just last time I saw Fred (or George... basically the one that didn't die) from the HP books in Game.  It was a splitting image!

 

Pretty much sums up my last two days.  Nothing special and I'm not feeling in an especially good mood, even though holidays are around the corner.  4 more lessons... just 4 more...

 

EDIT#1:  I'd just thought I'd mention that I'm now fully caught in the series: Heroes.  Yeah!  And I gotta say it's amazing.  It's so amazing that I'm fully prepared to make this statement:

The day I stop watching Heroes will be the day that I swallow barbed wire, pull it out my ass and floss myself to death.

Kudos to anyone who knows where that reference came from.*

I've actually been watching for a while (about 5 days now) and I haven't said anything yet because I was afraid someone might decided to "accidentally" spoil it for me.  Yes Gavin, I am looking at you.  *glare*

*If you really wanna know where it is from, here it is:  Zero punctuation's review of GH3.  Dead funny.

No comments:

Comments/Suggestions

How did you find out about my blog?
What do you like about this blog? Funny/insane humour
The awesome dude behind the blog
NINJAS (Me: WTF?)
The pretty colours... hehe... colours
Daily updates
Peeking into your life (Me: ... Stalker)
The media content (videos/pictures)
Being able to laugh at people I don't know
Nothing (Me: Why are you here?)
What do you think of the site layout,style, colours etc.? AWESOME! Couldn't be better.
Good. Just one or two places that need changing.
Ok, could improve some things.
Bad. Back to the drawing board for you...
Horrific... You gave my eyes cancer...
How many times do you visit this blog?
Any comments or suggestions on improving the site? - Include email/name if you want to be named in posts.
How many friends have you told about this awesome blog?
Do you think there should be more authors? More authors equals more updates. Nope. You're awesome, no one else will suffice.
I dunno. Maybe good. Maybe bad.
Yes. You're antics bore me now.
ONLY if the other author is similar to you.
ONLY if the other author is totally different.

website form generator