Random Quote Generator - Cos every site needs one

Friday 8 June 2007

Award Ceremony; Distinctions all around!

First off, I managed to get 2 tickets for the Media Award Ceremony. For absolutely nothing/zilch/nil/non/none etc.

Funny too; as today was the last day to get tickets for it. Last night, someone rung up (I think it was Sara) and said that I should go get one. So I did. I walked into the technician's office and this is what actually happened:

Technician dude is talking to another woman. Woman leaves. He turns to me (somewhat menacingly).

Me: So... apparently, I have two tickets to the award ceremony for me...

TD (tech dude): Ok, which course you taking?

Me: Well... I've finished the course... But I was taking BETEC 1st in Media.

TD: Your name's not here.

Me: Did you try Wintringham?

TD: No. I'll try now.

Me: Ok

TD: You filled in one of these forms?

Me: *thinks back... it's still in my school bag - which I never use anymore* Er... no.

TD: Ok, do it now. And here are your two tickets.

Me: Thanks, bye.

Not the friendliest conversation I've had with anybody. I remember him from previous going-to-the-technicians-rooms encounters back when we still did media. I recall joking about taking out the water dispenser and stuff. Ah... good times.


Surprise after surprise... or something deep like that. I got the results for the media course. The letter says:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please find enclosed the unit results for your First Diploma Media course. Your certificate will be sent to you in the post in August.

Hopefully I will see you at the Awards ceremony next Thursday, where you will have the opportunity to celebrate your achievements, along with your friends. If you haven't picked up a ticket yet, and wish to attend, please let me know as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Sara Meller

Team Leader 14 - 19 Media Education

I have no idea why you wanted to know that. But I don't care. Meh.

Now, to the stuff everyone wants to know. My grades. *gulp* Here they are.

Unit No Unit Title Grade
1 Understanding the media D
2 Research Techniques D
3 Developing media skills D
4 Video Production M
5 Print Production D
6 Advertising Production N/A
7 Multimedia D
8 Photography M

P = Pass

M = Merit

D = Distinction

Of course, Distinction is best. And Advertising Production is N/A because we didn't do it. That makes it 5 Distinctions and 2 Merits. That's not bad - I think. Seeing as the only person I compared it with so far is Daisy (yea, her again).

She got 1 pass, 5 Merits and 1 Distinction.

Pretty good for her. Better for me. Big Grin


In other non-related to me news. Smash Bros site has been updated with a piece of interesting information. Just look at the picture and you will understand.

That's right. How we are actually going to play the game. It'll be interesting to see how all of these control methods work. And it'll also be awesome to have something like 2 GC controllers vs 2 wiimotes + nunchuks or something. Nice.

The only thing about this post is, that's it. They don't give us anything else. Just this picture - well, pretty much anyway. It doesn't tell us how it's going to work or anything:

'There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.'

I have a ominous feeling that it'll be a long time until he (or maybe she - oh... conspiracy. lmao) gets that 'chance' to tell us.


Video time.

Nice house illusion, huh? But I pity the guy who lives in that. lol


Just a quick HA to everyone who had a exam today.

HA!

Ok, I'm done. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Comments/Suggestions

How did you find out about my blog?
What do you like about this blog? Funny/insane humour
The awesome dude behind the blog
NINJAS (Me: WTF?)
The pretty colours... hehe... colours
Daily updates
Peeking into your life (Me: ... Stalker)
The media content (videos/pictures)
Being able to laugh at people I don't know
Nothing (Me: Why are you here?)
What do you think of the site layout,style, colours etc.? AWESOME! Couldn't be better.
Good. Just one or two places that need changing.
Ok, could improve some things.
Bad. Back to the drawing board for you...
Horrific... You gave my eyes cancer...
How many times do you visit this blog?
Any comments or suggestions on improving the site? - Include email/name if you want to be named in posts.
How many friends have you told about this awesome blog?
Do you think there should be more authors? More authors equals more updates. Nope. You're awesome, no one else will suffice.
I dunno. Maybe good. Maybe bad.
Yes. You're antics bore me now.
ONLY if the other author is similar to you.
ONLY if the other author is totally different.

website form generator